[crossfire] suggestion for interface labels

John Halford jhalford at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 13 20:41:19 CDT 2005

I deleted a character yesterday, and one the day before, and well, it made
me very sad.  So sad ... so very sad.....

suggestion:

in file: "/crossfire-client-1.8.0/gtk/gx11.c"
change string on line 1607:
gtk_label_new ("Are you sure you want to quit?");
to String:
gtk_label_new ("Warning: are you sure you want to permanently delete your
character destroying all of her/his hopes, dreams, ambitions, and
items?");
-or-
"Quit now to delete your Character"
-or simply-
"Warning! You are about to delete your character."

also on 3072 instead of "quit character", "delete character" might be more
descriptive.

This should save on Leaf's admin times restoring lost souls from the
wastebasket.

Also a simple clarity thing:  in my opinion the label "Quit Client" is not
so descriptive.  I understand that their is a client host model jive going
on
here, but there is already a disconect command (which one might rename to
"disconect from host"), so I might rename this to "Quit" or Exit, or "Exit
Client" if for some reason two words are more descriptive.  Maybe my
problem
was that it looked to similar to 'quit character.'  :(

I want to give all of you guys who are working on this project a kudos.

P.S. the line numbers were only for easy reference...