[crossfire] Extensions to building

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Aug 15 00:32:43 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've been thinking about adding the following items to the player
buildable things:

-buttons (as opposed to the current pedestals)
-buildable teleporters (limited to teleportation within the same map,
works on both items and players, activates upon a connected value as
opposed to via just something stepping on it)
-buildable magic mouths (use connected values too, and probably find
some sort of physical object that it could be instead of being an
invisible magical mouth)
-buildable magic ears (same as magic mouths)

Adding the buttons is extremely simple, though the teleporters and magic
ear/mouth stuff will take some coding work, though I don't think it will
be too bad. The main purpose of these additions would be that it would
allow players to make fully customized and functional map mechanics
which would be neat. Does anybody have any concerns with any of this?

    Thanks,
       Alex Schultz