[crossfire] Re: Metalforge down?

Lalo Martins lalo at exoweb.net
Tue Aug 16 00:37:30 CDT 2005

IMHO, *some* kind of fix must be found, because from what I see in the
last few weeks, too many spell objects is the #1 reason for crashes and
slowdowns, and I know it has crashed by client more often than I would like.

And so says Mark Wedel on 16/08/05 12:15...

       A more sensible, and much easier approach, is to just track the number

      of spell objects on a space.  If it goes above some count, basically

      just don't insert anymore.  One could argue there can only be so much

      going on in one space anyways.

Also, maybe they should interact with each other?

I can see fire cancelling cold and vice versa, and fire cancelling
electricity (but electricity probably strenghtens fire); cancellation
should cancel everything else.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
--