[crossfire] Mac client - status

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Aug 24 01:31:39 CDT 2005

Amorya North wrote:

      Ah, ok - so I can store a pointer to an NSImage in the cache entry?

      That would help a lot. I was wondering where I'd be able to do the

      conversion.

  You might want to double check the gtk code/image.c - I'm not sure if your
client would need to store anything else.  At least for the gtk client, since it
stored multiple image entries (one for the image, one for the mask, as well as
one for inventory display vs map).  But if one pointer conveys all the data you
need, then I think that should work.

      As for scaling, it's dead easy in Cocoa. A single line of code will

      scale the map window's contents _after_ it's been composited. So I

      won't allow scaling of images to be stored - it's just not needed!

  If performance is acceptable doing it that way, that is fine.  It was just
generally a lot more efficient to scale day the images when created so you are
moving fewer bits around than moving around the full size images and then
scaling down the entire map display - if the scale down is done in software,
probably can't be done fast enough during gameplay.

  that said, there is no requirement that scaling of the data even be allowed.