[crossfire] Item stacking

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Aug 26 23:25:12 CDT 2005

Brendan Lally wrote:

      updating the maps isn't too hard, in fact the following is a diff that

      does just that. (I haven't included much context here, partially for

      brevity, partially because anyone playing with these maps in the

      editor will probably break this diff anyway.)

      I'm tempted to reduce the accuracy of some more of these, express them

      in furlongs, or maybe even miles (or leagues), since I doubt anyone

      seriously goes around counting the squares, the screens maybe.

  IMO, the numbers could be less accurate (more round numbers), but please leave
the numbers roughly as is

  Basically, right now, as said, 1 space = 1 mile.  Thus, those signs describe
how many spaces the towns are from you.  IMO, this is a good thing, especially
for now players (how far do I hav to walk to get to navar?)

  Changing to obscure units IMO doesn't add anything - it either results in
players having to go to google to figure out how many furlongs in a mile, conver
that, and then know how far the town is apart.

  I think for ease of use, the numbers as shown on the signs should represent
number of spaces.  If we want to call them some other unit, I don't mind, but I
don't want them changed to some value and then have new players lost because
they traveled 75 spaces in the right direction and didn't find anything.  Things
are already obscure enough - no reason to make them harder for new players.