[crossfire] Re: Item stacking

alex_sch at telus.net alex_sch at telus.net
Sat Aug 27 05:19:32 CDT 2005

Quoting Lalo Martins <

     lalo at exoweb.net

     >:

      I think on Bigworld scale (since "outdoors" has the same scale as

      "in-city"), it makes more sense for a square to be a chain.  Otherwise

      you'll be wondering how come Scorn is 40 miles long, and the imperial

      road is 3 miles wide, and the "little" inn near the dragon hatchery is 2

      miles... whereas one chain makes perfect sense (although it makes

      Bigworld less "big").

      Come to think of it, people who never heard of a chain might as well

      assume it's a fictional measuring unit, representing a square.

      But then I agree with you - pick the unit that sounds right, and stick

      to it.  Just say "11 chains", not "1 furlong"; "80 chains", not "one mile".

      (Then people who know what a chain is, or who are obsessive enough to

      look it up, can be pleased and amazed at how the measurements all make

      sense.)

Of course, even with outdoor squares measured in chains, players run perhaps a
little too fast ;P
Then again, it's much better than when it was miles ;P
(I'm not complaining though, as the scorn-navar walk time is long enough as it is)

Alex Schultz