Hi - I tried responding to one of these a week ago,
and judging by the archives, it never made it (btw, I
have a copy of the original post in my sent folder,
and never received a bounce notice)...

RE C++ API - I saw that there was some discussion on
the C++ and C API's and linux on notes.net - you may
want to check - but I'm not sure the win2K C++ API
will talk properly on a linux box - I think there's
even a linux version of the API...

Mike Jentges: Notes is only available as a server (aka
Domino) on linux - no linux client is avaialbe yet -
HOWEVER, depending on the implementation of the db's,
it's possible to use a web browser as a client - it
takes more work, and will require upgrading any db's
that are client-dependant.

RE 6.2 vs 7.x - The Lotus Documentation *says* RH 6.2
- which is likely where they've done all of their
heavy duty testing - I did get it to work on 7.0
briefly, but the box wasn't buff enough to handle more
than proving that it could be done. I haven' tried it
with 7.2 *yet* I just need a new box to play with :)

Liz