Typically, if you have frame or carrier errors, it's usually a bad cable.
Could be your switch or card too.  It's almost 100% not a configuration
problem.

<funny story>
I used to work for an advertising agency here in Minneapolis.  We had an
office in chicago, and everyday around noon, everyone in the chicago office
would call and complain that the network was slow, or working
intermittently.  We verified heavy packet loss out there when they
complained.  So, a couple of months later when we were in the office out
there, we checked it out.  Some ingenious individual brought a microwave
into work so they could heat up their lunch, and they set it right on top of
the switch.  So during lunch, everyone in the office would heat up their
lunch, and basically microwave the switch.
</funny story>

Jay