On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 03:35:55PM -0600, Shawn Fertch wrote:

> Thanks Chris.  This is exactly what it's doing in regards to bouncing on
> the borders, and random popup menus.  I did take the imps/2 option on the
> xf86config program and it's doing this.  I'll have to try it when I get
> home.

I've also got an intellimouse, it works great in Red Hat as follows:

gpm -t imps2 -m /dev/mouse

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

i leave gpm running, it works fine in X, /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/psaux.

with the above settings the scroll wheel also works.

--
http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203