Daniel Churchill <churchid at visi.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> >
> > Why bother? None of those people will use linux anyway. They are "windows"
> > users. There's very little reason for them to switch.
>
> You bother because there are some users who have no experienc with Linx,
> or who heard a horror story from a friend about some other friend of
> theirs who tried Linux and couldn't get their sound to work and how it's
> such a difficult OS to deal with.  You bother to show such users that
> Linux really isn't that difficult.

Heh, reminds me that I switched from OS/2 to Linux due to the fact that
sound worked better in Linux.  Creative dropped support for OS/2 around
the time I started getting into Linux, so it just pushed me further along
the path.

> I'ts this sort of cynical "you stay on your side of the fence and I'll
> stay on mine" attitude that poisons people toward even considering Linux
> as an alternative, IMHO.

Ben can come off sounding pretty harsh..  I'm still not sure if he's just
schizo or if he likes to play devil's advocate and not tell anyone.  Oh
yeah, he likes flamewars, too, so it's probably impossible to say :-p

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   If a word in the dictionary
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   were mispelled, how would