On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:20:08AM -0600, Carl Zeilon wrote:
> My father helps run the computer network for a small public library in
> Maine.  They run a W2000 server (donated by MS) that provides about 15
> machines with Internet access, book checkout data, card catalog info,
> etc.  They also host the library's website from this machine.
<snip>

It sounds like the library is trying to do too much with one server.
Ideally, there should be a firewall between the internal machines and
machines running services, such as the library's web server, that are
at high risk of being attacked because they are accessible from the
internet.

Or, the library might be better off putting everything behind a
firewall and having their ISP host the library's web site.

Joel