[crossfire] Renamed objects and inscribed objects

alex_sch at telus.net alex_sch at telus.net
Tue Aug 23 05:10:25 CDT 2005

In my opinion, it would look somewhat ugly to the players for that to happen all
the time, so in my opinion it would be best to instead record the player who
renamed it, in a parameter accessable from the DM dump command. I would try and
impliment this, however I'm on holiday right now and away from my development
computer (I wish I could have set it up for remote ssh access from here, but
parents won't let me ;P )

   Alex Schultz

Quoting ERACC <

     eracclists at bellsouth.net

     >:

      Greetings y'all,

      It has come to the attention of DMs on Metalforge that some players

      are abusing item renaming and inscription to get around the "no foul

      language" rule on Metalforge. For example an item was renamed to a

      rude phrase and dropped in Scorn where kiddies would see it.

      If a coder would be so kind as to make a patch to add the player name

      to these objects when a player mods them that would be quite lovely.

      Just the name of the last player to edit the object would probably

      work (renaming or inscribing).

      TIA,

      Gene Alexander