[crossfire] Renamed objects and inscribed objects

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 23 11:20:53 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 05:10 am

     alex_sch at telus.net

      wrote:

      Quoting ERACC <

      eracclists at bellsouth.net

      >:

      > Greetings y'all,

     [...]

      > If a coder would be so kind as to make a patch to add the player name

      > to these objects when a player mods them that would be quite lovely.

      > Just the name of the last player to edit the object would probably

      > work (renaming or inscribing).

      In my opinion, it would look somewhat ugly to the players for that to happen all

      the time, so in my opinion it would be best to instead record the player who

      renamed it, in a parameter accessable from the DM dump command. [...]

This is actually what I was meaning. Something accessible from the DM
dump command like the field in marking runes that makes the "race" of
the rune equal to the name of the player that created the rune.

Thinking further. Inscribed objects can also be renamed. It may come
about that someone renames a scroll and someone else inscribes it. So
these might need two hidden fields, one for the renaming player and
one for the inscribing player. Or not. Perhaps just the name of the
last player to modify it would be sufficient. Surely someone would
not be stupid enough to write in a scroll that has a rude name and
then drop it where it would be a problem without renaming it. :-)

Gene Alexander
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 11:07:24 up 97 days, 11:48,  8 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.17

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers