[crossfire] What did I do wrong?

alex_sch at telus.net alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Aug 24 12:02:32 CDT 2005

Quoting Anton Oussik <

     antonoussik at gmail.com

     >:

      Yesterday I completely removed old copies, and checked out CVS maps,

      server, and client using developer CVS, and compiled them all. I had

      to configure the server --without-x, but otherwise no special options

      were passed, and I was found to have all necessary tools and libraries

      needed for compillation. Upon logging in I saw this picture:

      http://antz.uwcs.co.uk/cf_duplicates.png

      Other tiles were not as bad, but there were usually 1-3 copies of

      everything on every tile, and things like boulder mechanics broke.

      I assume this is something silly that I did, but don't seem to find

      out what. Does anyone have a clue?

      Casper

I once had an issue extremely similar to this. It was caused by having maps
installed in BOTH /lib/crossfire and in /share/crossfire

Alex Schultz