[crossfire] undecipherable code

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Mon Aug 29 14:28:43 CDT 2005

Ok, i'll try to move this somewhere else to speed up map loading process.
(while commented and a few other loops commented, load time is
unnoticeable :) )

      alex_sch at telus.net

      Quoting tchize <

      tchize at myrealbox.com

      >:

     Second, why do other unique objets present on this map

     square influence the behaviour of op.

      I believe this behaviour is related to unique floors saving items on them.

      Unique floors do have unique set, so other items on them should care about

      it.

       that is correct.

     And if this is legitimate,

     why do they only influence object put on top of them?

      If my hypothesis above is correct, then I believe this is the intentional

      behaviour related to the fact that unique floors only save items ontop of

      them.

       That is correct, but that snippet isn't looking at just the floors - it is

     looking at all the objects on the space.

       To me, that seems incorrect - as tchize says, it means if I drop say a

      unique key, and then drop other items on the same space on a non unique

      maps, all items on that space are treated as unique.

       If the processing stopped once beyond the floors, I'd imagined it would be

     much faster (would only need to iterate a couple times before it gets

      there).

       the FLAG_OBJ_ORIGINAL has something to do with the overlay maps.  Garbled

     added those in.

       Arguably, with addition of overlay maps, shouldn't be much need for the

      unique maps or vice versa, as they tend to duplicate function (the per

      player unique maps are a different matter, since that just saves the entire

      map - I'm talking about the unique maps that contain just the unique

      items).

       I'd be more tempted for the unique object maps to go away - at least the

     overlay maps are stored with map header information so could be loaded up in

      the editor.

      crossfire at metalforge.org