[crossfire] undecipherable code

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Aug 28 22:23:15 CDT 2005

     alex_sch at telus.net

      wrote:

      Quoting tchize <

      tchize at myrealbox.com

      >:

     Second, why do other unique objets present on this map

     square influence the behaviour of op.

      I believe this behaviour is related to unique floors saving items on them.

      Unique floors do have unique set, so other items on them should care about it.

  that is correct.

     And if this is legitimate,

     why do they only influence object put on top of them?

      If my hypothesis above is correct, then I believe this is the intentional

      behaviour related to the fact that unique floors only save items ontop of them.

  That is correct, but that snippet isn't looking at just the floors - it is
looking at all the objects on the space.

  To me, that seems incorrect - as tchize says, it means if I drop say a unique
key, and then drop other items on the same space on a non unique maps, all items
on that space are treated as unique.

  If the processing stopped once beyond the floors, I'd imagined it would be
much faster (would only need to iterate a couple times before it gets there).

  the FLAG_OBJ_ORIGINAL has something to do with the overlay maps.  Garbled
added those in.

  Arguably, with addition of overlay maps, shouldn't be much need for the unique
maps or vice versa, as they tend to duplicate function (the per player unique
maps are a different matter, since that just saves the entire map - I'm talking
about the unique maps that contain just the unique items).

  I'd be more tempted for the unique object maps to go away - at least the
overlay maps are stored with map header information so could be loaded up in the
editor.