[crossfire] Server map redo: movement types

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 30 18:25:08 CDT 2005

I think that we should treat flying differently than walk,swim, etc.
Flying should have to be initiated by the player.  You can fly almost
anywhere you could swim of walk so flying shouldn't be automatic.  If
you move from ground to water you or back you would switch from walk to
swim but you could fly (or jump) you over either.  If you are flying you
can't pick up stuff, won't trigger buttons, etc.

That's players, NPC's, missiles and stuff *would* simply fly if they had
that movement type (unless someone wanted to give some AI to monsters in
this respect).

I also think that even players with fly ability shouldn't be able to fly
all the time but only for a period of time (based on CON or STR and race
or spell?).  Jumping would basically be flying for one turn.