[crossfire] map redo: more layers.

adam ashenfelter aashenfe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:36:06 CDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

      My basic idea would be to just assign what goes on the different layers,

      from

      bottom up:

      0: map floor - since you can't see anything beneath the floor, this is the

      bottom.

      1: building/buttons/whatever on top of floor, that player then stands on

      top of.

      2: Same as 1 - I don't think there are actually cases were there are 2

      objects,

      but I rather like to keep this open for expansion.

      3-5: objects player may actually pick up/interract with

      6: Player/monster

      7: second monster - should really only show up if one of these is a multi

      space

      monster overlapping something else.

      8-10: Flying objects - typically spells.

How about 11: rooftops. When player is not under one, client displays them.
When the player walks under one, they disappear, and the player can see the
interior.